How do I use SMS verification?
Is SMS verification required?
Course Hero’s goal is to provide a high integrity platform where tutors can safely and securely share their knowledge and expertise. With this goal in mind, we require all tutors to set up SMS verification to protect their tutor account and to protect their tutor earnings.
When creating a tutor account, all tutors will be prompted to complete the SMS verification process. Please be sure to remember which phone number you use to set up SMS verification, as you will need this phone number in the future.
How do I complete SMS verification during the application process or when attempting to withdraw earnings?
- Select your country from the "Select country" drop down list
- Enter your phone number but don't type in your country code, parentheses, hyphens, or spaces. Your phone number only should contain numbers. Also, don't type in any leading zeroes at the start of your phone number.
- Double check that you selected the correct country from the drop down list
- Double check that you entered the correct phone number without typing in your country code, parentheses, hyphens, spaces, or leading zeroes.
- Once you have double checked your information, click "Send code" to request a verification code
- Wait 5-10 minutes to receive your verification code. Once you receive your code, enter the code, double check that you entered your code correctly, and then click "Verify". You shouldn't enter your code with parentheses, hyphens, or spaces. Your verification code should only contain numbers.
- You can only request a set number of codes per hour, so if you receive an error saying you've requested too many codes, please wait an additional 60 minutes before requesting another code.
- Remember that a phone number can only be connected to one tutor account and a phone number can't be used across multiple tutor accounts.
What common mistakes should I avoid?
- Don't type in your country code, parentheses, hyphens, spaces, or any other special characters when entering your phone number. Your phone number should only contain numbers.
- Don't type in any leading zeroes at the start of your phone number.
- Don't type in parentheses, hyphens, spaces, or any other special characters when entering your verification code. Your verification code should only contain numbers.
- Don't request verification codes too quickly. You can only request a set number of codes per hour, so if you receive an error saying you've requested too many codes, please wait an additional 60 minutes before requesting another code.
- Don't attempt to connect a phone number to multiple tutor accounts. Remember, only one tutor account is allowed per person.
What happens if I accidentally lock my tutor account?
If you accidentally lock your tutor account by making a mistake during the SMS verification process, please send an email to email@example.com and our Tutor Support team will do their best to assist you.
Can I change the phone number I use for SMS verification?
Changing the phone number you use for SMS verification is not recommended, but if you must do so, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your account is eligible for such a change.
If you have any additional, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We are happy to help!
Please note that only one tutor application is allowed per person and only one tutor account is allowed per person.