What are Course Hero's Text Messaging Service Terms?
Text Messaging Service Terms
These terms are a contract between you and Course Hero, Inc. (“Course Hero”, “we”, or “us”) and apply to Course Hero’s text messaging programs.
Text Messaging Programs
- Course Hero Tutor Alerts: This program is used for verification purposes, to send tutors transactional messages related to the tutors account, and for operational alerts and reminders.
- Course Hero Tutor Exclusive: This program is used to send tutors marketing content.
You may sign up for a Course Hero Text Messaging Program by submitting your mobile device number, opting-in, texting in the stated keyword to a short code or phone number, through our website, or by otherwise providing your consent.
By participating in any of our text messaging programs, you agree to the following:
- Information about your usage of our services may be communicated to us by your wireless carrier or internet service provider, as permitted by applicable law.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile number, you will promptly update your account information with us.
- Except for the Course Hero Tutor Alerts, when you first opt-in to receive text message communications, we will send you a text message to confirm your opt in.
- You can cancel the text messaging service with us at any time by replying “STOP” or “CANCEL” in response to one of our texts. If you opt out of one Course Hero Text Messaging program, you will remain opted into other Course Hero text messaging programs (if applicable) unless you opt out of those programs separately. After you send the text message “STOP” to us, we will send you a text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed from that Course Hero text messaging program. After this, you will no longer receive text messages from that Course Hero text messaging program. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending text messages to you again.
- Please note that even if you opt-out of a Course Hero text messaging program, Course Hero may send you text messages for verification purposes to mitigate fraud.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, text “HELP” in response to a text from us. After you send the text message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions, including how to unsubscribe.
- We are able to deliver messages to subscribers of most wireless carriers. Please check with your wireless carrier to confirm whether you are able to receive text messaging alerts.
- You understand that Course Hero, our vendors and their affiliates, supported wireless service carriers, and all other telecommunications carriers are not responsible for, nor are liable for errors and omissions, delayed, or undelivered text messages.
- Your wireless service carrier’s standard text message data rates, charges and other fees may apply for any text messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency depends on your interaction with us. If you have any questions about your text messaging or data plan, contact your wireless carrier.
- Any changes we make to our Text Messaging Service Terms will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Text Messaging Service Terms. If you do not agree or consent to these updates or changes, do not continue to use the text messaging services. If we make a material change to our Text Messaging Service Terms, we will provide appropriate notice to you.
- For all questions about the text messaging service under these terms, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your mobile phone number and text messaging help inquiry.
By opting-in to a Course Hero text messaging program and interacting with us via our Text Messaging Program(s), we may collect/retain your phone number, cellular service provider, and any additional information you provide us. Data obtained through a Course Hero text messaging program will not be shared with any third parties for their marketing purposes.
These terms were last updated on February 28, 2023.