Educator Referral Program Rules
Effective Date: November 15, 2021
At Course Hero, we want to ensure all students can graduate confident and prepared. We believe that increasing the number of educators on Course Hero will enable us to expand on available study resources and help us achieve our goal. That’s why we are launching the Educator Referral Program, a program that enables verified educators on Course Hero to refer a colleague and earn $100 USD (“Reward”) per referral, up to 10 referrals maximum. To participate, you must comply with the following rules.
- To earn $100 USD per referral as an Eligible Referrer, the following conditions must be met: (a) you referred Course Hero to an educator in the United States using one of two methods provided by Course Hero, (b) the referred educator created an account on Course Hero, and (c) the referred educator has been verified as an educator by Course Hero.
- Referred educators are also eligible to earn $100 USD, if the referred educator: (a) creates an educator account by using one of two methods shared by an Eligible Referrer, (b) has never previously held a verified educator account on Course Hero, (c) is an educator at a post secondary (i.e., post K-12) institution in the U.S., and (d) is verified as an educator on Course Hero. Previously deactivated verified educators on Course Hero are not eligible. Verified educator approval is determined at the sole discretion of Course Hero. A referred educator that meets these conditions is a “Referred Educator.”
- To receive $100 USD either as an Eligible Referrer or Referred Educator, you must have a PayPal account linked to the email address used to create your account with Course Hero. When a referred individual has successfully become a Referred Educator, Course Hero will notify both the Eligible Referrer and Referred Educator separately by email that each has earned $100 USD. You will need to claim the reward by clicking the “claim” button in the email so that Course Hero can make the payment to your PayPal account.
- The maximum amount that Course Hero will pay Eligible Referrers is $100 USD per Referred Educator, up to a maximum of ten (10) Referred Educators. Eligible Referrers may not create multiple Course Hero accounts to circumvent the reward maximum. Course Hero reserves the right to change this maximum or Reward amount, and it is your responsibility to review these rules for the current Reward amount or maximum limits.
- Only one person can earn a $100 USD referral Reward for a single Referred Educator. If an educator is referred by more than one Eligible Referrer, only the original Eligible Referrer validated by Course Hero shall be entitled to the Reward. Course Hero has full discretion to determine which person earned such referral based on our systems.
- When you distribute, promote or communicate this promotion, you agree not to: (a) spam anyone with invitations to join Course Hero by mass emailing people you do not personally know or by using automated systems or bots through any channel, (b) misrepresent your relationship with Course Hero, (c) make misrepresentations with respect to the qualification requirements for earning a reward, or (d) otherwise violate applicable law. You agree to indemnify and hold Course Hero, its affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and partners harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in any way related to any third-party claims relating your violation of this section 8.
- Course Hero will not withhold any taxes from amounts earned. You are responsible for paying, withholding, filing, and reporting all taxes, duties, and other governmental assessments associated with earnings received under this program.
- Course Hero is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, delayed, inaccurate, undelivered, misdirected referrals or Rewards or other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Educator Referral Program, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Educator Referral Program, the verification of eligible Referred Educators or Eligible Referrers, the tracking of referrals, the announcement of the Reward, or any Educator Referral Program-related materials. Course Hero is not responsible for injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Educator Referral Program or downloading materials from or use of the Course Hero website.
- Course Hero reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to: (a) withhold a referral Reward in the event we determine or believe that the receipt of the Reward was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of these program rules, (b) approve or disqualify any person from participating, and (c) modify or terminate this program at any time.