How do I complete my identity verification?
As part of the Course Hero tutor application process, you will be asked to verify your identity. You may also be asked to verify your identity at other checkpoints, such as when you withdraw funds from your tutor account or to protect your account when we detect fraudulent activity.
How does Course Hero verify the identities of its tutors?
Course Hero uses a third-party ID verification service provider to verify the identities of our tutors on our behalf. The following information will be collected during this process to help verify your identity:
A government-issued ID
A selfie image
By providing this information, you consent to Course Hero collecting, using and processing your personal information, including biometric information, for the purposes of verifying your identity, and to detect and prevent fraud on Course Hero. You can revoke this consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I complete my identity verification for my tutor application?
Identity verification is a part of the tutor application process. To complete your identity verification, you will follow the below steps. Note that any subsequent request for verification will also follow a similar process:
- You will receive an email (like the one below) with instructions for how you can complete your identity verification.
- First, click “Begin verifying” to give consent for the collection of information to complete your identity verification:
Confirm that you are not using a VPN. You will be blocked from proceeding in the flow if you have a VPN turned off.
- If a VPN is detected, you will see a screen like the one below. Turn your VPN off to proceed. If you continue to experience problems proceeding through the flow even after your VPN is turned off, please contact email@example.com. They will provide you with a new verification link.
- Next, you will need to complete an SMS Verification. Please use the same phone number you used in the Course Hero application SMS verification.
Next, you will use the dropdown to select the country your government ID is issued from:
- Next you will select the type of government ID you want to use. You can’t use a passport.
- Next, you will take a photo of (1) the front of your government ID and (2) the back of your government ID. Please see here for a list of accepted IDs best practices for the ID you submit.
Not that you will be given the choice to continue the verification process on another device, such as your smartphone. We strongly suggest you complete your verification on a smartphone, as the camera quality will ensure you do not encounter any image problems.
- Next, you will take a selfie photo of your face. You need to look straight into the camera, then turn slightly left, then turn slightly right when you are instructed to. The selfie image should contain only your face and nothing else.
- At the end of the verification process you should see this screen:
If you have any questions or problems during this process, please visit our identity verification FAQ page, or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.